Thursday, June 15, 2006

My name is Brucey, and i love it!


Well, what a week!!! After the first couple of days of some serious sleeping (i now believe in Jet Lag, or maybe it was because i couldn't sleep on the plane at all), i managed to get my A into G and travel into Picadilly to catch up with my bro's mate Toddy (El Capitaan)...

But wait let's go to the start... One of my Step Dad's Rellies were coming to pick me, so thinking there might be a sign or something for me when i walked out of the gates, i felt conifident in my stride. But alas, after i did walk out those gates and saw No sign, and no one i recognised at all, there may have been some slight panic. The mobile phone i purchased in Thailand did not come with a Sim card, AHHH, Mum-ma, Mum-ma. After waiting and pacing, i walked around looking for a payphone, What the hell is Australia AREA CODE, AHHH, I decided to go for another wander, and then i saw Lorraine (My step Cousin who i met when i was about 12), "Hi", she said, "have you just got out?"... "Yes, yes i have" I didn't want her to think i was panicking...

Anyway got back to where i have been staying, which is My Gran"NO STEPS HERE"Dads sisters place in Fulham, her name is Lol and she is just beautiful, but unfortunately went to Spain the next day and is still there till i leave to Munich tomorrow. SHe told me how much at home i would feel, cause there are so many Aussie's around here. NOOOOOO!!!! i wanted to get away from Aussie Hoo Haa. If i was gonna survive here i needed an alias... and well i got one as soon as i met my step cousins.
"We weren't sure what your name was, but we new you were coming from Australia, so we thought your name was Bruce. So Brucey welcome to THE COTTAGE". ANd there it was... and i have been Brucey ever since. Went to the Cottage that afternoon and put down 5 pints with the boys and fell straight asleep when i got home... Helped Lol pack in the morning and she gave me the tour.

So the first week was mostly relaxing, slept most of the first week, there was one day i slept for 9 hours that night and got home had breakfast and slept for another 7 hours. Hmmm tiredness.

So back to the part where i catch up with Toddy, i caught a train into Picadilly and asked these two girls of where the hell the Mint Leaf was, they had no idea, but siad they would help me look. Wicked instant friends. Two young girls from Finland. Beautiful accents. It turned into a great night, we bar hopped for a bit then parted ways. I went back to Toddy's and ended up at some night club and sharing a cab with what i just found out may have been a transexual. Excellent. Beer Goggles Mills.

But saturday was my day with the boys (the real boys). My cousins Bill, Billy and Gary(greatest singer) promised me a proper English day out at The Cottage, or as they say, "Ear Brucey, we gun-a tayk you out for a proper day to tha Cot-edge" Just love their accents.

ANd it was a proper day. England was playing Portugal and we were all upstanding fo rthe national anthem. i was the only Aussie in the pub and everytime i met someone, the boys would say, "ay come meet my cousin Brucey" Just awesome... you couldn't find better blokes. And to top it off, one of the locals, Jimmy Boy wrote a poem for me and read it out in front of the 50 strong crowd gathered in the beer garden. I put a link here, just had to film it... Just unbelievable...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgvNIpMAN28 jimmy boy reads poem for Brucey Ives (that's me)

The day progressed and we ended up pub crawling all night. Me and Gary just singing in the streets, he was beat boxing as well... Awesome

We all came back to Nan's that night and just passed out. When i woke it was Sunday morning and the boys had left and already starting drinking at another pub... MACHINES!!!

My mate Nicole was coming down today, and i met her down at Putney Bridge Station... I thought, what the hell lt's start drinking. So we did, had a good catch up at one of the many pubs in Fulham and decided to go out pub crawling that night. We started at the Pitcher and Piano but way too many Aussies and the Brucey line was obviously running thin... Doh! Shortly after we ran out of cash, i was still waiting for my cash card to arrive and she refused for me to use my credit card, so we started the walk down to Fulham broadway. 30 mins later we got there... Such a good option. We headed into a place called Lush Bar which from the outside seemed quite dead but when we got inside... WOAH, at the back of this place, they had this Guy playing Sax over House Tracks spun by the DJ. Incredible, similar to what they had going at ONE FITZROY ST, St Kilda. But the fun didn't stop there, this dude named Brace (had his name on a ring that he wore too) grabbed the mic and started jammin with the sax player...

What did Mills do? obviously full of liquid confidence asked if he too could have a crack on the mic... After a quick singing test, he let me fire up my vocal chords and burst out a house tune.
YEAH BABY!!! had a ball that night!

Wow this is a long blog... sorry...

I'll move to Sunday.

Heard from Toddy that it was gonna go off at THE WALKABOUT in Temple (on the water) so Nic and I headed there.. well we were dissapointed. the place was packed! We nestled ourselves next to the guy wearing the giant Kangaroo suit, thought for some reason he might be a bit of a character. Turns out he was English and had lost an Ashes bet about 5 years ago, his mates never forgot. 1 snakebite quickly turned into several more and the game was on. THe anthem nearly brought tears to everyone, and when we hadn't scored until 8 minutes to go, the crowd turned a bit somber. But let me tell you right now, that the noise and the amount of beer that was thrown was like one giant bay thirteen when Warney takes a hatrick, actually, times that by 100!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9en5AQ2UwSE the walkabout in temple

Went out to The Queen Mary, which was just down the road. A boat converted into a restaurant/pub. Brilliant. Met some nice girls and finally had some food. couldn't drink that much more, but something said push Mills! i think it was Nic. Damn She can drink! We ended up at some club with this Sophy (english chick) and this canadian guy.

I spent the next couple of days recovering with my mate Christie who just flew in and we went and did some sight seeing. I went to Lester Square and even took in a West End show last night. Saw Avenue Q. Just amazing, laughed cried (yes cried) and laughed again. I recommend everyone go see it. It's more like a cartoon then a theatre show. They even use puppets!!! The acting and singing, Christie told me was the best she had ever seen, and i tend to agree, and the leading chick was the understudy. The best night i've had here. I know that may sound weird, but you can party anywhere in the world and still just a party. But to take in a West End Show with a great friend... Just Incredible.

So after doing some washing today and cleaning up Lol's place i am gonna see the boys at the cottage and watch the England game, maybe go out tonight and check out some more English night life...

Plane leaves for Munich tomorrow... can't wait to be there for when Australia beats Brazil.. Oh yeah they're scared!!!



Speak soon and remember AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE...

Where were you when Australia beat Japan in the 2006 World CUP?

Millswah... sorry, Brucey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home